A Place To Talk About Autism And ADHD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come and chat, have a laugh, exchange journeys and advice with people all over the world who are affected by these conditions. ENJOY!

4 posters

Early wake ups and morning meltdowns :(

Kerry84
    Kerry84
    Admin

Early wake ups and morning meltdowns :( Empty Early wake ups and morning meltdowns :(

Post by Kerry84 Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Luke is waking up early again but just to late to give any more meds, as soon as the alarm goes off he goes loopy about not going to school and this morning he had a proper meltdown for half hour and it took letting him beat the gym ball up to sort him out, he won't have breakfast and is now refusing dinner, his stubborn side is really coming out at the min and I'm shattered, does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid morning meltdowns? He is fine once he snaps out of it and its like it never happened but it stuffs my morning up and makes me forget to do stuff
    markharris621
    markharris621

Early wake ups and morning meltdowns :( Empty Re: Early wake ups and morning meltdowns :(

Post by markharris621 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Maybe try one of amandas calm down charts, working great with other kids atm!!
    Just an idea!
    Kerry84
    Kerry84
    Admin

Early wake ups and morning meltdowns :( Empty Re: Early wake ups and morning meltdowns :(

Post by Kerry84 Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 am

Getting that sorted Smile
    littlewren
    littlewren

Post by littlewren Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:35 am

Do you think the alarm is the trigger? Is he ok on days when its not used?
    Amanda
    Amanda
    Admin

Post by Amanda Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:22 am

Thats a point when did you start using the alarm?
    Kerry84
    Kerry84
    Admin

Post by Kerry84 Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 am

It's possible, I think he is getting poorly so overly sensitive to everything x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:14 pm