Come and chat, have a laugh, exchange journeys and advice with people all over the world who are affected by these conditions. ENJOY!

Shaky start but not to bad :)

Kerry84
    Admin

Shaky start but not to bad :)

Post by Kerry84 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:17 am

This is how I describe today lol Luke was very upset at having to go back to school today, he demolished the lounge this morning but got dressed with help and went to school without fuss, he had a great day by all accounts and is learning about the three little pigs, when he was home he had a few little strops but they were sorted pretty quick and he went to bed really well, my mum was with us after school so that was nice and stopped Luke going mental lol

Anyway I would like your opinions....... Before half term I noticed Luke saying he was in nursery in the mornings, I haven't been made aware of him going to nursery so thought I would see what happened when he went back and requested a TAC meeting anyway, we'll today he says he was playing with a kid called jonny and there are no kids in reception called jonny so asked if he had been in nursery and he said yes, I am annoyed I haven't been made aware of him spending mornings there instead of in his class and it kind of goes against all the work that was done to move him to reception in the first place, I'm also concerned this means he's not managing in main stream and will need to move to a SEN school, I don't have a problem doing this but have spoken to the inclusion worker about this before so they know I would be fine to talk about it, if he has to move I would prefer it was done for year 1 so just really frustrated with the lack of communication, I'm gonna go to a parents drop in on weds to talk to the inclusion worker and try to figure this out, what do u all think? What would you do?
    markharris621

Re: Shaky start but not to bad :)

Post by markharris621 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 am

Right this sort of thing happened with callum where as they would let him go into other classes and not his own and it was usually the lower years he would go in to, as for a SEN school and moving before year 1 I wouldnt get your hopes up as it costs around £50, 000 per year for 1 child and they will do anything to steer away from that but dont be disheartened by it, 1 lad and his mum fought for a few years and got there in the end, its not going to be easy but you will get there just be prepared to be let down and turned away at every avenue because it will happen, be strong and keep calm and solier on.....you will get there.
    Kerry84
    Admin

Post by Kerry84 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:05 am

I won't let them mess him about, and if I have to fight to get him moved I will I'm not afraid to take on the school system so they will have picked the wrong person to mess with if they try, I'm just really hoping there is a good explanation for this
    markharris621

Post by markharris621 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:11 am

It will probably be along the lines of him wanting to go there and for them to save him kicking off they probably just let it happen!!!
    Amanda
    Admin

Post by Amanda on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:22 am

kerry ask them to start a home to school journal that is written in by yourself and them everyday then they can let you know everything that he has done good or bad and the nursery thing should be on that! Tell them you wish to be informed about EVERYTHING and if anything changes then you need to be made aware first.
    Kerry84
    Admin

Post by Kerry84 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 am

We already have school to home book so it should be in there, morning TA conveniently forgets to fill it in quite often though, another issue I will be raising, usually they are good but we did have a shaky start so don't get why they wouldn't have discussed this we speak everyday before and after school so it's not like I'm Unavailable to talk :/
    Amanda
    Admin

Post by Amanda on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 am

probably because what they are doing is wrong! i ended up going to the education department at one point which gave the school a kick up the bum and start doing things right!
    Kerry84
    Admin

Post by Kerry84 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 am

I will do the same if need be, I'm really not impressed but will wait to see what they have to say before I make any decisions x
    Kerry84
    Admin

Post by Kerry84 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 am

I spoke to the senco today and Luke's teacher, Luke only goes to nursery to collect water for the water tray which is part of his physio, nursery and reception also have assemblies together over there and share a playground, they have assured me he isn't being sent there and as he is making progress I'm ok now, just thankful it's not a bad outcome Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:26 pm